2023 CASTLE CHESS GRAND PRIX
$12,000 in prizes 100% Guaranteed!
June 23-25 or 24-25, 2023
Emory University – Emory Student Center
605 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA. See below for parking information.
5 rounds. Time Control: G/100, inc/5. 2-day schedule, round 1, G/60, inc/5.
Sections & Prizes:
Master (2200+): $1600 – $800 – $500 – $300; top U2400: $600 – $300. 80 GPP.
Expert (2000-2199): $1000 – $600 – $400.
Class A (1800-1999): $800 – $500 – $300.
Class B (1600-1799): $600 – $400 – $300.
Class C (1400-1599): $500 – $300 – $200.
Class D (1200-1399): $500 – $300 – $200.
Under 1200: $500 – $300 – $200.
- Official June 2023 US Chess ratings used.
- Players rated within 100 points of next section cutoff (June supplement or live rating) may play up.
- Unrated players may enter Under 1200 or Class D sections and are eligible for prizes.
- Prizes paid on site on Sunday, June 25, or mailed on Monday, June 26.
- For prizes of $600+, you will be required to fill out a W-9 form with your Tax ID # and address.
- $110 by June 22
- $125 after June 22.
- Free entry to GMs, IMs, WGMs, WIMs, US Chess 2400+
- Re-entry from 3-day to 2-day schedule: $60.
- Castle Campers who pay for the tournament with camp entry do not need to register separately.
Online registration is strongly recommended. On-site: Friday 5:30-6:00pm or Saturday 9:00-9:30am. All registration & re-entry closes 30 minutes before game.
Castle Campers who pay for tournament + camp do not need to register separately.
3-day: Friday 6:30pm, Saturday 1:00pm & 6:00pm, Sunday 9:30am & 2:00pm.
2-day: Saturday 10:00am (G/60, inc/5), then merge with 3-day: Saturday 1:00pm & 6:00pm, Sunday 9:30am & 2:00pm.
Up to two half-point byes available, commit before first round. All byes requested during the tournament are zero point.
email@example.com – Chief TD Grant Oen
- Sets and boards supplied – bring clocks.
- Parking is in Fishburne or Peavine decks, 15+ minutes walking to the ESC.
- Refunds: withdrawals until June 22 will incur a 5% transaction fee. No refunds after 6/22.
Castle Chess campers should register for the Grand Prix as part of camp registration and continue their room and board plan through the weekend, OR if they prefer to stay elsewhere and eat on their own over the weekend, they can select “camp only” and then register for the tournament separately.